- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane - Construction bidding began August 1st. Timeline to completion once construction starts is about 1 year. Town hopes to complete the project in 2018.
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge - This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase.
- Extensions in Christiansburg - The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard.
- 2017-12-10: Temporary Partial Closure for Trail Debris Removal - VDOT has informed us that the Southgate interchange project is planning to switch vehicular and trail traffic to the new permanent alignments. In order to do so, the section of trail passing through the woods (two images of this are shown below) needs to be cleared of brush, leaves and limbs that have fallen since More...
- Trail Detours – Southgate Interchange Construction - Trail detours to cross Route 460 will be in place until the Southgate Interchange is completed in late 2017.
- VDOT Construction Impact to Trail - The Trail is under construction through December 2017. Parts will be rerouted during this phase of construction.
Other Important Information
- Southgate Interchange to Open 12/15 - VDOT has announced that it plans to open the new Southgate Interchange on Friday, December 15, 2017. Prior to the opening, the intersection of Southgate Drive and Route 460 Bypass will be closed (expected as of 12/13/2017). Please note that work will continue on the Huckleberry Trail even after the new interchange has opened.
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: