Volunteers Needed for Trail Clean Up
The Town and Friends of the Huckleberry are organizing a special trail clean-up day on Saturday, September 22nd from 10AM to Noon. Click here for more details.
Hokie Half Marathon Coming Sunday 23 September.
Marathon starts at 7:00am, ends at 11:30am. Click here for route map and other information.
Latest Trail Updates
- 2018-09-15: Temporary Trail Closure between Prices Fork & Glade Rd - Trail will be partially closed so that AEP power lines can be cleared; 09/15-09/17 between Prices Fork and Glade Road.
- 2018-09-07: Huckleberry Trail in the News - The Virginia Tech Daily News posted an article on the latest updates to the Huckleberry Trail. You can read the article here.
- *Connect the Valleys Proposal - Montgomery County Supervisors have solicited leaders from across Virginia to begin a long-term project to join many of Virginia's trails into a broader network that would run from Roanoke to Galax.
- 2018-07-02: Updates on Beamer Way Construction - Effective July 9th, trail traffic south of Southgate Drive will be temporarily shifted due to construction along Beamer Way.
- 2018-05-23: COMPLETION OF THE HUCKLEBERRY NORTH TRAIL BETWEEN GLADE AND PRICES FORK ROADS - The contractor working on the completion of the Huckleberry North Trail between Prices Fork Road and Glade Road has begun clearing work. It is anticipated that this section of trail will be completed in Fall, 2018.
- 2018-05-23: NEW MILEAGE OF THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL - The trail is now longer than ever, and over 8 miles between the Zero Mile Marker in Blacksburg and the Christiansburg Rec Ctr. Click the headline for more details on distances.
- 2018-05-23: UPDATE ON THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL REALIGNMENT - Trail realignment is underway. Click the headline link for more detailed information.
New Map Now Available
|New Map March 2018 (1 MB PDF)
This is a large, printable (22×34), resizable and detailed map created by the local Civil Engineering firm Gay and Neel, Inc.
- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane: Update - Construction on this long-awaited extension has begun.
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge - This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase.
- Extensions in Christiansburg - The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard.
Other Important Information
- 2018-03-07: Airport Extension in Progress - Watch out for dust, debris, and noise during the Airport runway extension.
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: