- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane - Construction bidding begins August 1st. Timeline to completion once construction starts is about 1 year. Town hopes to complete the project in 2018.
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge - This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase.
- Extensions in Christiansburg - The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard.
- VDOT Construction Impact to Trail - The Trail is under construction through December 2017. Parts will be rerouted during this phase of construction.
- Trail Detours – Southgate Interchange Construction - Trail detours to cross Route 460 will be in place until the Southgate Interchange is completed in late 2017.
- Bridge over Southgate Completed - The pedestrian bridge which crosses Southgate Drive in Blacksburg is open.
- 2017 Hokie Half Marathon & 5K - This annual race will be held on September 17th, and starts at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center on Pratt Drive.
Other Important Information
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: