Trail Construction Update: Prices Fork to Linwood Lane
The Town of Blacksburg is actively working on the Trail section which connects Linwood Lane and Prices Fork. This section is located behind the Prices Fork Fire station and extends to Linwood Lane. That section is closed until May 1st 2019. The Town requests that Trail users please keep off that area during this final construction phase.
Thanks to All Trail Clean-Up Volunteers
The Town and Friends of the Huckleberry special trail clean-up day was a great success. Held on Saturday, September 22nd from 10AM to Noon, more than 3 dozen people showed up to help with this project. A special thanks goes out to Northstar Church and to the Radford service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega. Click here for more details.
Latest Trail Updates
- 2018-09-15: Temporary Trail Closure between Prices Fork & Glade Rd - Trail will be partially closed so that AEP power lines can be cleared; 09/15-09/17 between Prices Fork and Glade Road.
- 2018-09-07: Huckleberry Trail in the News - The Virginia Tech Daily News posted an article on the latest updates to the Huckleberry Trail. You can read the article here.
- *Connect the Valleys Proposal - Montgomery County Supervisors have solicited leaders from across Virginia to begin a long-term project to join many of Virginia's trails into a broader network that would run from Roanoke to Galax.
- 2018-07-02: Updates on Beamer Way Construction - Effective July 9th, trail traffic south of Southgate Drive will be temporarily shifted due to construction along Beamer Way.
- 2018-05-23: COMPLETION OF THE HUCKLEBERRY NORTH TRAIL BETWEEN GLADE AND PRICES FORK ROADS - The contractor working on the completion of the Huckleberry North Trail between Prices Fork Road and Glade Road has begun clearing work. It is anticipated that this section of trail will be completed in Fall, 2018.
- 2018-05-23: NEW MILEAGE OF THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL - The trail is now longer than ever, and over 8 miles between the Zero Mile Marker in Blacksburg and the Christiansburg Rec Ctr. Click the headline for more details on distances.
- 2018-05-23: UPDATE ON THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL REALIGNMENT - Trail realignment is underway. Click the headline link for more detailed information.
New Map Now Available
|New Map March 2018 (1 MB PDF)
This is a large, printable (22×34), resizable and detailed map created by the local Civil Engineering firm Gay and Neel, Inc.
Please note: The section from Prices Fork to Linwood Lane is still under construction and will be closed until May 1st 2019.
- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane: Update - Construction on this long-awaited extension has begun.
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge - This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase.
- Extensions in Christiansburg - The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard.
Other Important Information
- 2018-03-07: Airport Extension in Progress - Watch out for dust, debris, and noise during the Airport runway extension.
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: