Latest Trail Updates
- 2018-05-23: UPDATE ON THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL REALIGNMENT - Trail realignment is underway. Click the headline link for more detailed information.
- 2018-05-23: NEW MILEAGE OF THE HUCKLEBERRY TRAIL - The trail is now longer than ever, and over 8 miles between the Zero Mile Marker in Blacksburg and the Christiansburg Rec Ctr. Click the headline for more details on distances.
- 2018-05-23: COMPLETION OF THE HUCKLEBERRY NORTH TRAIL BETWEEN GLADE AND PRICES FORK ROADS - The contractor working on the completion of the Huckleberry North Trail between Prices Fork Road and Glade Road has begun clearing work. It is anticipated that this section of trail will be completed in Fall, 2018.
- 2018-06-18: Work on Trail at Beamer Road - Improvements along Beamer Way begin June 18th.
New Map Now Available
|New Map March 2018 (1 MB PDF)
This is a large, printable (22×34), resizable and detailed map created by the local Civil Engineering firm Gay and Neel, Inc.
- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane: Update - Construction on this long-awaited extension has begun.
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge - This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase.
- Extensions in Christiansburg - The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard.
Other Important Information
- 2018-03-07: Airport Extension in Progress - Watch out for dust, debris, and noise during the Airport runway extension.
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: