Trail Construction Update: Prices Fork to Linwood Lane
The Town of Blacksburg is actively working on the Trail section which connects Linwood Lane and Prices Fork. This section is located behind the Prices Fork Fire station and extends to Linwood Lane. That section is closed until May 1st 2019. The Town requests that Trail users please keep off that area during this final construction phase.
Prices Fork Bridge on Blacksburg’s Radar
At a recent Town Council meeting, the council voted to include the bridge in its 5-year plan. Click here for more information.
Thanks to All Trail Clean-Up Volunteers
The Town and Friends of the Huckleberry special trail clean-up day was a great success. Held on Saturday, September 22nd from 10AM to Noon, more than 3 dozen people showed up to help with this project. A special thanks goes out to Northstar Church and to the Radford service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega. Click here for more details.
- 2018-11-14: Partial Trail Closure- The drainage pipe installation work will continue during November 14 through 16. That section of the trail will be closed to users while the work is being done. More...
New Map Now Available
|New Map March 2018 (1 MB PDF)
This is a large, printable (22×34), resizable and detailed map created by the local Civil Engineering firm Gay and Neel, Inc.
Please note: The section from Prices Fork to Linwood Lane is still under construction and will be closed until May 1st 2019.
- * Moore Farm to Linwood Lane: Update- Construction on this long-awaited extension has begun. More...
- * Prices Fork Pedestrian Bridge- This key project to provide a bridge over Price's Fork Road is in the initial planning phase. More...
- Extensions in Christiansburg- The Phase III extension is currently in the design process and would extend the trail further to Independence Boulevard. More...
Other Important Information
- 2018-03-07: Airport Extension in Progress- Watch out for dust, debris, and noise during the Airport runway extension. More...
Things To Do
The Huckleberry Trail is a perfect place to exercise or just enjoy the view. Click on the buttons below to learn more about how YOU can enjoy the trail: