Upcoming & Recent Events on the Trail
- 2018-09-23: Annual Hokie Half Marathon - Marathon starts at 7:00am, ends at 11:30am. Click title for route map and other information.
- 2018-09-22: Successful Trail Clean-Up Event - We want to express our thanks to the dozens of folks who helped us to clean up the Huckleberry Trail on Saturday morning (September 22nd). Volunteers spent several hours clearing downed wood and brush from along the Huckleberry Trail in Blacksburg. We also want to give a special thank you to Northstar Church and to More...
- 2018-08-11 Polly Zeiger 5K Fun Run - This Race begins and ends at the CRC Soccer Field on Innovation Drive, and overlaps Huckleberry Trail for part of the run.
- 2018-04-09: Trail Closure at NRV Mall - Tree and brush cleanup scheduled which will temporarily close part of the Trail.
- 2018 Huckleberry Jam - This annual race is will be held on Sunday, May 13th 2018.
- 2017-08-12: NRU Polly Zeiger Fun Run - Sections of the trail near the CRC and VT Soccier fields may be impacted during this fund-raising event.
- 2017-04-09: JDRF Walk - JDRF walk at CRC on Sunday, April 9th.
- 2017-02-11: 32nd Annual Blacksburg Classic - Once again the annual Blacksburg Classic race will be held in part on the Huckleberry trail.
- 2017 Hokie Half Marathon & 5K - This annual race will be held on September 17th, and starts at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center on Pratt Drive.
Plan an Event on the Trail
The Trail crosses through 3 different jurisdictions: Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Montgomery County. Each of these has its own permit process. A special event you are planning may take place in one or more of these communities. An application must be filed with each jurisdiction that the event passes through, whether it is running, walking, or cycling. The applications are necessary to be sure safety and scheduling are considered for each event.
If you need help figuring out which community your event might take place in, please contact the Recreation Department for any one of the governments and they will be able to help you figure it out.
Click on these links for government contact information and on how to apply to use the Trail for each of these locations: